Das ist genau der richtige Job für dich?Jetzt bewerben
At sofatutor, we believe children and young people achieve their learning goals best when they learn at their own pace and can access different learning media. For this purpose, our team has created a digital learning platform that makes individual learning possible anytime and anywhere. We offer students the opportunity to learn or review school material with the help of learning videos, practice problems, and worksheets.
As a UX/UI Designer (gn) you will create together with us an amazing and highly engaging learning platform for very young kids with a strong focus on interactivity and fun. Our design team is responsible for combining the latest trends in e-learning with innovative design to offer our students an optimal learning experience.
You don’t live in Berlin? No problem, because you can do the job remotely. Please apply with a comprehensive application, including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
Our product accompanies users through their everyday learning. You will be part of the cross-functional scrum team that focuses on our new early learning product. Since we develop that product from scratch, we are always looking for new ways and innovative solutions. You will work closely with the Product Manager, a researcher and another designer. These are your specific tasks:
- You will work in a cross-functional team to design a highly gamified, interactive and adaptive early learning product for 2-6 year olds creating dynamics for engagement, retention and individual learning progress through the use of designs that adapt to the speed and progress of children’s learning by offering top-notch reward systems.
- You will be able to communicate the value of the core features to parents and their impact on children’s learning experience by creating appropriate and playful onboardings for both parents and kids.
- You will create both rapid and high fidelity prototypes to test and validate concepts to design a unique, consistent and refreshing user interface for the platform that will enable the product’s learning features.
- You will also assist in shaping the product identity as well as applying the imagery of this new child-focused world to achieve a playful design outcome.
- You will collaborate in the creation and maintenance of a design system that will strengthen the platform and the respective features of this new product.
- You will also work with developers to deliver high quality responsive designs in an agile environment and ensure that the designs comply with the visual standards that the product demands.
You have already gained experience as a UX/UI designer for a B2C gamified platform or product? The target group of young kids is nothing new to you? Then this might be the perfect job for you! These are further requirements of the position:
- You are a pragmatic and prototype-first designer that always aims to understand the target audience as well as possible to create amazing experiences for both parents and young kids.
- Experience or knowledge of games and rewards mechanics applied to a target group of young kids; ideally you have worked with elementary school kids or younger.
- You are familiar with enabling large-scale product design while always keeping a clear view of the big picture.
- You have a degree in graphic design, communication design, or a related field.
- You are great at translating ideas, concepts and research results into design solutions that communicate product value and address the learning process of kids in an effective and engaging way.
- You can use Sketch or Figma to create wireframes, interactive prototypes and high quality designs.
You can contribute your ideas right from the start and will be fully responsible for your areas after your onboarding. We will support you and let you pick up the threads where we currently stand. At sofatutor we also guarantee a transparent way of working, regular feedback and the following additional benefits:
- We offer extensive onboarding as well as an open feedback culture.
- We support you in your professional development through individual learning and development opportunities.
- We work in a hybrid office model, enabling working flexibly from anywhere in Germany (even for an extended period), and a good work-life balance.
- We offer team-building events where you can get to know your colleagues outside of the office.
- To be mobile, we support you with our mobility benefits for major German cities in the form of Swapfiets. In Berlin, you can also decide whether you want Swapfiets or a subsidy for the BVG subscription.
- Find your balance with various sports courses such as yoga, Beat81, or bouldering – the first two of which are also available digitally throughout Germany.
Die Online-Lernplattform sofatutor.com unterstützt seit über zehn Jahren Schüler*innen aller Klassenstufen beim selbstständigen Lernen und wird vielfach im Unterricht eingesetzt. Wir glauben, dass Schüler*innen ihr volles Lernpotenzial dann ausschöpfen, wenn ihnen die Freiheit gegeben wird, eigene Wege zu gehen und individuelle Ziele zu setzen. Mit didaktisch geprüften Lerninhalten in 13 Fächern passt sich unser Angebot dem individuellen Lernfortschritt von Schüler*innen an und hilft, die Noten zu verbessern. Über 100 Mitarbeiter*innen arbeiten an unseren Lernvideos, interaktiven Übungen und Arbeitsblättern und sorgen dafür, dass auch der Spaß beim Lernen nicht zu kurz kommt. Bring deine Talente ein und mach unsere Mission zu deiner!
Willst du mehr über unsere Design-Sprache erfahren?
Schau dir den Ort an, an dem wir mit Spaß lernen:sofatutor Playground