Das ist genau der richtige Job für dich?Jetzt bewerben
At sofatutor, we believe children and young people achieve their learning goals best when they learn at their own pace and can access different learning media. For this purpose, our team has created a digital learning platform that makes individual learning possible anytime and anywhere. We offer students the opportunity to learn or review school material with the help of learning videos, practice problems, and worksheets and other features.
As Senior Backend Engineer / Developer (gn), you are responsible for the constant improvement and further development of our innovative online learning platform. In close cooperation with experts from Product and Tech you will implement the technical and didactic requirements of our learning platform safely, efficiently, sustainably and pragmatically.
You don’t live in Berlin? No problem, because you can do the job remotely and the application process takes place digitally as well. Please apply with a comprehensive application, including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
You will be part of one of our cross-functional teams and work on a Ruby on Rails framework. In cooperation with the other developers from your team, your focus will be on internal requests from different teams of the company. In detail you will do the following tasks:
- Developing and extending the platform functionality focussing on internal team requests
- Maintenance of existing code
- Ownership of specific areas depending on your preferences and our open topics
- Independent resource and work planning in exchange with Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Close cooperation with other developers in your cross-functional team
- Improvement of workflows and agile processes, our coding style guides and quality standards
You are an experienced and passionate Ruby on Rails developer, a team player and you enjoy working with agile methods in a growing work environment. These are further requirements of the position:
- 5 years+ of professional experience as a software developer
- You enjoy writing beautiful Ruby code and have hands-on experience with larger Ruby on Rails projects
- Experience with unit and integration tests
- Experience with RSpec, SQL databases, and/or AWS is a plus
- Agile way of thinking, experience and fun working with agile methods, e.g. Scrum, Kanban
- You like working in a team and proactively support the achievement of your common product goals
- Your English is fluent and you like to exchange ideas with people from other departments to achieve the best results
You can contribute your ideas right from the start, and you will be fully responsible for your areas after your onboarding. We will support you and let you pick up the threads where we currently stand. At sofatutor we also guarantee a transparent way of working, regular feedback, and the following additional benefits:
- We offer extensive onboarding as well as an open feedback culture.
- We support you in your professional development through individual learning and development opportunities.
- You can work wherever you are because all you need is a laptop and a stable internet connection.
- Your colleagues are always ready to answer your questions – virtually or in the office in Berlin.
- You are working on an exciting and innovative product in the education technology sector.
- Find your balance in various sports courses such as yoga, Beat81, or bouldering – many of which are also available digitally throughout Germany.
Die Online-Lernplattform sofatutor.com unterstützt seit über zehn Jahren Schüler*innen aller Klassenstufen beim selbstständigen Lernen und wird vielfach im Unterricht eingesetzt. Wir glauben, dass Schüler*innen ihr volles Lernpotenzial dann ausschöpfen, wenn ihnen die Freiheit gegeben wird, eigene Wege zu gehen und individuelle Ziele zu setzen. Mit didaktisch geprüften Lerninhalten in 13 Fächern passt sich unser Angebot dem individuellen Lernfortschritt von Schüler*innen an und hilft, die Noten zu verbessern. Über 100 Mitarbeiter*innen arbeiten an unseren Lernvideos, interaktiven Übungen und Arbeitsblättern und sorgen dafür, dass auch der Spaß beim Lernen nicht zu kurz kommt. Bring deine Talente ein und mach unsere Mission zu deiner!
Willst du mehr über unsere Design-Sprache erfahren?
Schau dir den Ort an, an dem wir mit Spaß lernen:sofatutor Playground