Interested in joining the firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ve built a very special product, which allows students to learn as easily and flexibly as is already common practice in most other areas. At sofatutor, e-learning gets a whole new meaning. It is easy, fun and efficient at the same time. To create this new learning experience, we work with free-thinking inventors and designers in varying constellations. Round the clock we exchange ideas on how to integrate new learning trends into our product, – whether we meet at our home-made muesli bar, over a quick coffee in the kitchen or whilst eating pizza together after hours. As a Ruby on Rails developer (m/f/d), your core task is the implementation and optimisation of features on our unique platform.
In collaboration with our tech team, you will build answers for unprecedented requirements and challenges. You won’t lose sight of our goal to establish sofatutor as a comprehensive learning experience when you implement the different requirements into our product. This includes the following tasks:
- Working on the backend with Ruby on Rails
- Maintenance of critical systems in close collaboration with other teams
- Implementation and maintenance of unit or integration tests
- Working in a Scrum team
While e-learning gets you just as excited as us, you are also a fan of using video tutorials for your personal learning progress. You move confidently and resourcefully in a Ruby on Rails development environment and are aware of areas in which you want to gather more expertise. You bring plenty of practical experience in the implementation of Rails projects and are passionate about new technologies. Besides this, you also bring the following with you:
- Very good knowledge Ruby and Ruby on Rails
- Working knowledge and experience with the implementation of complex projects
- Experience with/interest in RSpec und Capybara
- Independent and at the same time team-oriented working style
- Interest in working on a unique educational product
We’ll give you all the support you need to implement highly complex requirements. In addition, we promise you that you will always have enough time to work on your personal learning and development, so you’re always up to date in your field of expertise. Our team members already enjoy the following additional benefits:
- Professional exchange with colleagues with pair programming, code reviews and hack days
- Use of tools like Trello, GitHub and CircleCI and modern technologies like Docker and Webpack
- Short and efficient decision process
- An enthusiastic team that gets together on a regular basis and is open for new innovative ideas
- Possibilities for remote work and flexible working hours for an individual balance between work, family and free time
- Great, creative and fun team events, like sledging, water skiing or a day trip into the sun
Based in Berlin, sofatutor.com is an innovative educational video platform with thousands of expert-approved educational and interactive videos. These high-quality, easy-to-understand videos and modules provide concise learning content for school and university students. They form the basis for a perfect private learning experience online. The videos are followed by a short test to evaluate the learning process. Students also receive support and interact with teachers one-on-one using our subject-chat function.
Are you interested?
To apply, please send your covering letter and CV to: email@example.com