Frontend Developer (ReactJS) (f/m/d)
Das ist genau der richtige Job für dich?Jetzt bewerben
With more than 10,000 learning videos and interactive exercises, sofatutor offers students of all grades the opportunity to learn digitally, flexibly and from any location. With a team of almost 150 employees, we pursue our vision of advancing the digitalization of learning and creating a product that makes learning fun.
As a developer, you will help build the sofatutor platform in one of our cross-functional teams and create product features for our young users so they can acquire new knowledge in a self-directed way. Together with experts for frontend, backend, design and UX, you will implement the technical and didactic requirements for our learning platform safely, efficiently, sustainably and pragmatically.
Your tasks will include:
- Development and release of new product features for our users in a Ruby-on-Rails application
- Independent resource and work planning together with your Product Owner and Scrum Master
- Close cooperation with other developers in your cross-functional team, and (exceeding traditional boundaries) also with designers, UX researchers and other experts
- Responsibility and maintenance of critical systems together with technical experts
- Implementation and maintenance of unit and integration tests
- Help in designing and improving agile work processes, our coding style guides and quality standards
- At least 3 years of professional experience as a software developer
- An understanding for responsive design and UX / UI design
- Agile way of thinking, experience and joy working with agile methods, e.g. Scrum, Kanban
- You like to work in teams and proactively support the achievement of our common product goals
- You speak English fluently, and prefer collaborating with people from other fields of work to completing to-do lists
Does all or most of this apply to you and do the possibilities of digital learning excite you as much as us? Then you are the perfect candidate for us and we look forward to your application – even if you cannot meet all of our requirements yet!
We offer the support you need to carry out challenging tasks. Your team and your superiors will always help you to develop yourself and your skills at sofatutor successfully. Furthermore, these are some of the additional advantages when working for us:
- A clear goal: Help students to cope better with school and have fun at the same time
- A working environment in which you plan your daily schedule together with your team
- Short and efficient decision-making processes that enable us to react quickly to new challenges
- Support in your professional development, e.g. through exchange among colleagues in our tech team, with a focus on optimization and Continuous Integration
- Use of tools such as Slack, Clubhouse, GitHub, CircleCI and technologies around Ruby, Docker and AWS
- An open feedback culture with an enthusiastic team that meets up regularly and is always open to innovative ideas
- Team events and sports courses with your colleagues that offer an ideal balance to everyday (home) office, including bouldering, yoga and other sports
- Home office and flexible working hours catering to your individual work-life-balance
Die Online-Lernplattform sofatutor.com unterstützt seit über zehn Jahren Schüler/-innen aller Klassenstufen beim selbstständigen Lernen und wird vielfach im Unterricht eingesetzt. Wir glauben, dass Schüler/-innen ihr volles Lernpotenzial dann ausschöpfen, wenn ihnen die Freiheit gegeben wird, eigene Wege zu gehen und individuelle Ziele zu setzen. Mit didaktisch geprüften Lerninhalten in 13 Fächern passt sich unser Angebot dem individuellen Lernfortschritt von Schüler/-innen an und hilft, die Noten zu verbessern. Über 100 Mitarbeiter/-innen arbeiten an unseren Lernvideos, interaktiven Übungen und Arbeitsblättern und sorgen dafür, dass auch der Spaß beim Lernen nicht zu kurz kommt. Bring deine Talente ein und mach unsere Mission zu deiner!
Willst du mehr über unsere Design-Sprache erfahren?
Werfe einen Blick auf den Ort, an dem wir mit Spaß lernensofatutor Playground