Engineering Manager (f/m/d)
Das ist genau der richtige Job für dich?Jetzt bewerben
As an engineering manager, you lead and develop teams of software developers so that, with your help, they build the best possible product for our customers and continuously improve our learning platform. Along with Product owners, Scrum Masters, designers and developers you will support implementing the technical and didactic requirements for our learning platform safely, efficiently, sustainably and pragmatically.
Your tasks will include:
- You are responsible for setting up and leading the developers in two cross-functional teams for the delivery of software products, supporting their cooperation, identifying obstacles, and helping to solve them
- With your People & Culture Business Partner, you will find the ideal talents for our diverse teams
- Coaching and mentoring our software developers and support in their professional development and in achieving their personal goals in 1:1s, feedbacks, and their daily work
- Exchange and close colaboration with your cross-functional teams and technical leaders in developing the technical implementation of our product roadmap
- Together with our Scrum Masters, you establish a work environment and team culture with a focus on efficient, productive, and motivating cooperation
- Designing, shaping and improving agile work processes, our coding style guides and quality standards
- You have professional experience as an Engineering Manager or technical team lead in an agile software development team (eg. with Scrum or Kanban)
- You’re experienced in hiring, designing onboarding processes, and the professional development of software developers
- You have practical experience with the implementation of larger web development projects, ideally with Ruby on Rails
- You have good knowledge of software development processes in teams, including workflows, testing, and deployment
- You have a good understanding for responsive design and UX / UI design
- You have an agile way of thinking, experience and joy working with agile methods
- You like to work in a team and proactively support the achievement of our common product goals
- You speak English fluently and knowledge of german ( minimum B-Level), and prefer collaborating with people from other fields of work to completing to-do lists
Does all or most of this apply to you and do the possibilities of digital learning excite you as much as us? Then you are the perfect candidate for us and we look forward to your application – even if you cannot meet all of our requirements yet!
We offer the support you need to carry out challenging tasks. Your team and your superiors will always help you to develop yourself and your skills at sofatutor successfully. Furthermore, these are some of the additional advantages when working for us:
- A clear goal: Help students to cope better with school and have fun at the same time
- A working environment in which you plan your daily schedule together with your team
- Short and efficient decision-making processes that enable us to react quickly to new challenges
- Support in your professional development, e.g. through exchange among colleagues in our tech team, with a focus on optimization and Continuous Integration
- Use of tools such as Slack, Clubhouse, GitHub, CircleCI and technologies around Ruby, Docker and AWS
- An open feedback culture with an enthusiastic team that meets up regularly and is always open to innovative ideas
- Team events and sports courses with your colleagues that offer an ideal balance to everyday (home) office, including bouldering, yoga and other sports
- Home office and flexible working hours catering to your individual work-life-balance
Note: Currently, our application process is completely remote and location-independent. Nevertheless, when considering long term employment, living near Berlin is definitely an advantage. We look forward to hearing from you!
Die Online-Lernplattform sofatutor.com unterstützt seit über zehn Jahren Schüler*innen aller Klassenstufen beim selbstständigen Lernen und wird vielfach im Unterricht eingesetzt. Wir glauben, dass Schüler*innen ihr volles Lernpotenzial dann ausschöpfen, wenn ihnen die Freiheit gegeben wird, eigene Wege zu gehen und individuelle Ziele zu setzen. Mit didaktisch geprüften Lerninhalten in 13 Fächern passt sich unser Angebot dem individuellen Lernfortschritt von Schüler*innen an und hilft, die Noten zu verbessern. Über 100 Mitarbeiter*innen arbeiten an unseren Lernvideos, interaktiven Übungen und Arbeitsblättern und sorgen dafür, dass auch der Spaß beim Lernen nicht zu kurz kommt. Bring deine Talente ein und mach unsere Mission zu deiner!
Willst du mehr über unsere Design-Sprache erfahren?
Werfe einen Blick auf den Ort, an dem wir mit Spaß lernensofatutor Playground