Das ist genau der richtige Job für dich?Jetzt bewerben
At sofatutor, we believe children and young people achieve their learning goals best when they learn at their own pace and can access different learning media. For this purpose, our team has created a digital, international learning platform that makes individual learning possible anytime and anywhere. We offer students the opportunity to learn or review school material with the help of learning videos, practice problems, worksheets, and other features. sofatutor is the most prominent online learning platform in the German-speaking market with a team of 250 employees, over 1,5 million users, and nearly 11.000 videos. As we keep growing, we have made steps towards the internationalization of our content into the English-speaking market.
To create more high-quality international content, we are looking for a Content Writer US (gn) Math and/or English who is motivated to create educational videos together with a team of other content writers, animators, illustrators, and audio designers to support the establishment of this educational platform on an international market.
You don’t live in Berlin? No problem, because you can do the job remotely. Please apply with a comprehensive application, including your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date.
You can contribute your ideas right from the start, and you will be fully responsible for your tasks and projects after your onboarding. We will support you and let you pick up the threads where we currently stand. At sofatutor we also guarantee a transparent way of working, regular feedback, and the following additional benefits:
- You work independently on your tasks and areas of responsibility in our international Team of content writers.
- You will benefit from open communication with a fair feedback culture to continuously develop your strengths and potential.
- We offer you flexible working hours, with the opportunity to work from your choice of location, as well as services such as virtual sports classes assisting you in your personal healthy work-life balance
- working on an exciting and innovative product in the education sector shaping the future of education
- Your mental health is important to us, which is why we offer the use of the “Mindsurance” platform for our employees.
- Discounts on sustainable products through our partner FutureBens.
As a Math and/or English Content Writer US (gn) Math and/or English at sofatutor, you will work on producing educational videos in Mathematics and/or English for middle school (Key Stage 3). You are responsible for the formal content as well as the didactical approach of the videos and you will work together with a team of creatives to make learning fun and engaging. You will:
- be part of designing the curriculum and the video topics related to the middle school classes (Key Stage 3) in Math and/or English
- crafting exciting video scripts, adjusting scripts to make them fit for the US & UK market, and accompanying the whole development process of a video from that moment on
- help creating video lessons that teach students the most important concepts of what they will learn in middle school (Key Stage 3)
- work together with a team of animators, illustrators, and audio designers to choose well-fitting characters and worlds where the students can enjoy studying and
- update and maintain the company’s content standard guides and improve content continuously
You are a good fit for this job, if you have a strong background in middle school education in the US, for example by having worked as a teacher in years 6 to 9 or by having been involved in curriculum design at a supervisory school authority. You will need to have a clear understanding of the country’s school system and will need to be able to provide cultural insights into the educational system in order to assist in the production of authentic video content. As an ideal candidate you should meet the following requirements:
- you have completed a degree in Education (preferably with a focus on middle school education)
- you have gained experience as a middle school teacher (or comparable)
- you earned experience in using or even creating e-learning material (ideally videos)
- you are able to organize and effectively plan your own workload and you are agile, flexible and resilient
- you possess conceptual skills and creativity to develop content in a digital video format
- you have the motivation to drive this project forward, with a can-do attitude, and you are a fan of effective teamworking
- you are open to feedback and incremental development as well have a high level of motivation and willingness to learn
Do you see yourself in these requirements and are you as excited about helping to shape the future of digital learning as much as we are? Then we look forward to receiving your application – even if you may not (yet) be able to meet all the requirements.
At sofatutor, we are proud to have created an inclusive work environment that supports your development regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religious affiliation, age, level of disability, education, or ethnicity.
Die Online-Lernplattform sofatutor.com unterstützt seit über zehn Jahren Schüler*innen aller Klassenstufen beim selbstständigen Lernen und wird vielfach im Unterricht eingesetzt. Wir glauben, dass Schüler*innen ihr volles Lernpotenzial dann ausschöpfen, wenn ihnen die Freiheit gegeben wird, eigene Wege zu gehen und individuelle Ziele zu setzen. Mit didaktisch geprüften Lerninhalten in 13 Fächern passt sich unser Angebot dem individuellen Lernfortschritt von Schüler*innen an und hilft, die Noten zu verbessern. Über 100 Mitarbeiter*innen arbeiten an unseren Lernvideos, interaktiven Übungen und Arbeitsblättern und sorgen dafür, dass auch der Spaß beim Lernen nicht zu kurz kommt. Bring deine Talente ein und mach unsere Mission zu deiner!